samedi 24 février 2018

Complete review on Bellapierre Loose Eyeshadows

Hi everyone ! As you may see, I am a French blogger but today I am attempting to write an entire article in English because I would like it to be read by as many people as possible. I wanted to present one of my favorite products which sadly is not as well known as it deserves, but I love it. Let me introduce you to the Bellapierre Loose Eyeshadows!



Bellapierre is a American mineral brand which is quite good value, especially if you buy it on Amazon (around 5$ a color). Its products are great and, above all, different from classic eyeshadows.
In order to call my review a "complete" review and make myself clearer, I will split this article in 3 parts :
I - General presentation of Bellapierre Loose Eyeshadows
II - How I use them: how I compact them
III - Swatches of the 25 shades I own

I - General presentation of Bellapierre Loose Eyeshadows




Every Bellapierre loose shadow is presented in a small round plastic box which are quite easy to store and handle. They are 2,35g each for a large quantity. Almost all shades are really sparkly and metallic.




These products are so versatile! They can be used as a dry sparkly shadow but also as a metallic/foil shadow once they are wet. Some colors can be applied on the cheeks or the lips too!
Under natural light, the finish of these shadows is shimmery and really wearable. Under direct light, you can see so many lovely fine sparkles. I love very sparkly eyeshadows! Moreover, if you mix these shadows with water or a fixing spray, they start to look like opaque liquid metal, it's so impressive and absolutely gorgeous!
The biggest drawback is that they are really messy; I see fallout everywhere on my table and under my eyes. When you use them, I highly recommend to do your eye makeup first, then to clean your cheeks and finally to apply your face makeup.




Bellapierre Loose Eyeshadows are sold individually and in kits. Sometimes they can be cheaper individually or vice versa. Be aware of the prices in the different places where they are sold.




Each kit of three eyeshadows is sold with two amazing brushes and a base. The base is sticky. In a way it is great to have the maximum result for your shadows but I find that it does not stay in place very well. I prefer to use my classic Urban Decay primer. However, the brushes are soft and effective, I love them!


II - How I compact loose eyeshadows

I often use these shadows as they are, but I like to compact them too. Firstly, it makes it easier and safer to store and handle them once they are in a Z palette. Secondly, they are less messy. And finally, it is so fun and satisfying to create my own favorites colours while mixing them.




Here you can see all the shadows that I have made. I created a third of them by mixing colors. On the first row, I made the gold of my dreams with some champagne and copper!

I have already written an article in French explaining precisely how I compact my shadow. You can still see the pictures here. You can also find a lot of tutorials on YouTube. Basically, I bought some Z palette empty metal circles pans. I mixed the shadow, a few drops of coconut oil and alcohol in the pans. Finaly, I pressed really hard with a tissue to absord the excess liquid and I let my shadow dry overnight.
Most of the colors work as compact shadows but a few don't have a nice texture, especially the ones which are too sparkly or not sparkly enough. I will specify that for each shadow below.


III - Swatches




I own 25 shades which I bought alone or in kits. These nine are part of the Fabulous kit, but they can be bought one by one too.




From left to right : the kits Smokey Eyes, Vibrant Trio and Pretty Woman.




Here are the six final shades which I bought one by one.


FABULOUS KIT




Desire is a warm, bright pink with lots of golden sparkles. It is kind of a duochrome color. Wet, it has a lot metallic reflections. This shadow can be compacted as well quite nicely. If you have a very light hand, you can apply a veil of it on your ckeeks.




I love Cinnabar! It is such a pretty burgundy, red wine, perfect for fall. The best, I think, is to use it with golden shadows in order to make a "halo effect" on the lid. This shadow works so well compacted and is really metallic. You can try to apply it on the lips too with some lip balm or gloss.




Celebration is stunning! It is probably one of the most sparkly and foil eyeshadows on earth. But it is also not very easy to apply. The powder gets everythere, it is so messy! This shadows does not work well compacted and wet, it turns into a crumbly pigment. There are only two ways to use it properly on the eyes : taking just a quick wash of powder or, if you want to get the foiled effect, using a glitter glue or a sticky base. This shadow is perfect to add a golden highlight on the center of the lips.
My personnal favorite way to use it is to compact it with some Champagne. Champagne has a much finer texture and the mix of both works perfectly and gave me the golden shadow of my dreams! Gold eyeshadow is such a basic for me. It is crazy that I have not found one in stores... Even Bellapierre does not have a real gold eyeshadow!




Ocean is a pretty light blue which can be used effortlessly, wet, dry or compacted, on the lid or the lower lashline. With a golden shade, you can do a nice halo. The cool and the warm shades compliment each other well and suit most skins tones.




With Provence, the same problem arises as with Celebration. This shade is fabulous, kind of like an evening sparkly color, but messy! However, it is still pretty. I just recommend having a light hand. As an evening look, you can try it on top of back eyeshadow to make it pop.




Hurly Burly works well dry, wet or compacted. It is really dark and can be used dry to make a smokey eye and to darken the outer corner.




Discothèque is a light apple-green shadow with a champagne shine. This shade is great for spring and is applied easily.




Reluctance is a green-grey which is also easy to apply.




Tropic is the warmer sibling of Ocean. This blue is greener with a golden shine. It is applied effortlessly.





VIBRANT TRIO KIT




Money is bright warm yellow whithout a lot of shine. I recommend to use it dry. It does not work wet or compacted, it is too crumbly.




Apt has a similar formula to Money. Orange is a great compromise between wearing a color and still looking natural. Actually, the yellow and the orange can work nicely as transition shadows.




Forest is a disaster applied wet! It looks like plaster. As I do not see myself wearing a grass-green shadow, I did not try it.


SMOKEY EYES KIT




Snow Flake is a basic perfect bright white. It works perfectly compacted or wet. It can be used to highlight the inner corner or as the main lid colour. It is also perfect to light up other colours and make a new compact one.




Tin Man is not a silvery shadow but a real metallic grey. It is much prettier to compact it with Snow White and make a lighter silver.




Noir is the only mate eyeshadow. It can not be used wet, that is a disaster. It can work dry to make a smokey eye. However, I find its formula a bit dry and I prefer to use another classic ready-compact black eyeshadow.


PRETTY WOMAN KIT




Champagne is a must-have. It is a warm luminous nude. Wet or compacted it becomes more pink and golden. To make it as bright as possible, I mix it with white. I also use it to make my perfect gold white Celebration.




Earth is also a must-have. It is a taupy pink that can be applied effortlessly alone or, like I do, with matte browns in the crease and the outer corner.




Cocoa is not a real chocolate brown. It contains some red or pink. It is difficult to name its shade but it is gorgeous as well!

If you want to try these eyeshadows, I highly recommend the last three shades. They are nude, versatile, easy to apply and so pretty!





OTHER SHADES




Resonance is a crazy bright pink without shimmers. It works better dry. It ressembles a Too Faced shadow which is in several of their palettes. This shade can be applied nicely on the lips.




Reddish is a dark pink with a fine texture. Again, it works on the lips. You can also compact it with a lot of white to make a light cool pink.




Wild Lilac is as crazy as Celebration. It is a bright violet pink with silver sparkles. It can become crumbly quite fast, and it is also difficult to use. But that is because it is made with pure glitter... Nobody ever said that glitter is pratical!




Spectacular is the darker sibling of Provence. It is also less sparkly (so easier to work with) and paradoxically...less spectacular.




Freeze is a neon cool blue. It does not work at all compacted (I tried - it became dry and the pigment would not come off on the finger/brush). It belongs to the same family as Resonance: bright and without many sparkles, kind of difficult to wear I think.




Ha Ha is also in this family. It is a bright royal blue.




Starry Night is a perfect colour for smokey eyes, all over the lid, in the outer corner or on a lashline.




Voilà! I hope all my pictures and comments were helpful to you. I really recommend these shadows. I understand that some of you will not see the point in spending time compacting them. But for others, it can be a fun DIY project that enables you to create the shades you want. Those eyeshadows are the most sparkly I own. They perform like pressed pigments but I am sure that they are a little bit cheaper. At last, you can make them look exactly how you want.

Rose


A huge thanks to my lovely friend Mary for helping me. You can visit her blog here


5 commentaires:

  1. Great job! This was super helpful. They're so pretty.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. In this very high-tech age, everyone wants to look smart and beautiful. If you are a young girl who goes for a fresh and sleek look in her outfit, you must have an eye shadow palette box with the outfit's colour. There is immense competition in this area of women fashion accessories. You can easily manage to get your products sold out by making them attractive enough that every buyer would want to own one of them at least once in his lifetime.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!

    Magnetic Eyeshadow Palette

    RépondreSupprimer